Tuesday, December 09, 2008

hunted...

09 December 2008
0903hrs

Earlier last week, whilst at work, I received a real big surprise. A call to my mobile from a headhunter. He introduced himself and where he was calling from, and then asked whether I was Sharezal, who used to work in Shangri-la and is now attached to Traders KL as an AFOM. Wow! I thought....impressive...

He explained that he was a head hunter, and was assigned by his clients to search for the right candidate for their organisation. Then he dropped the bomb. He was wondering whether I would be interested to fill in a vacant position of guess what, a GENERAL MANAGER of a hotel....not only 1 hotel, but to oversee THREE hotels within the same chain located around Malaysia!!! I almost dropped my mobile...and somewhere in my mind, I was just waiting for the guy on the other line to say "GOTCHA!" or "kantoi!!!"...but it never came...

I laughed silently...me? at this stage, a GM??? and in charge of 3 hotels!!?? WOW!! Although it was too far fetched - it was indeed a great feeling to know that someone out there, actually had noticed me...and for such a big responsibility!!!

I thanked the guy for the call...he was firm in not revealing what hotel chain and how submitted my name....I told him i'll contact him and send my cv accordingly (which I have yet to do)

After the call, I was like on high heaven....floating the whole day through....me a GM? wow!

perhaps one day.....insya'Allah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home