Thursday, August 21, 2008

The miracle of birth, for the second time....




20.08.2008

A very unique date indeed. And a very meaningful one for me....For on this date, my second daughter was born. Ladies and Gentlemen of the world, I proudly present to you, the latest addition to my familia, Ms Maya Sharezal.

Initially, her due date was expected to be on the 4th of September this year. However, somehow, fate was written for her to arrive sooner, and on such a unique date!!!

I received a call at work on 19 August, 2008 from Lissa at around 2pm to say that she had a very bad backache, and was on the way with her parents to PUSRAWI Hospital to meet her new favourite gynae, Dr Marsitah, who substituted Lissa's usual gynae, Dr Nora as she was away on holiday. Somehow after thorough check-up, Lissa was found to be already 3cm dialated and had to be admitted for monitoring. When Lissa told me this, I stupidly asked "Are you sure?" and Lissa answered, "no I'm not. So shall I meet you at the hospital?" Without any further delay, I rushed to my boss's office and told her that I had to zoom off.

Lissa was admitted in the Delivery Room of PMC at around 7-ish pm. By 9.30pm, her water broke.....and soon the contractions began, slowly but surely.....by 1230am, it began to be more intensed, by the way Lissa was gritting her teeth, and also by the way my hands were being squeeazed. At first, being so called 'experienced' with the birth of our first born 2 and a half years ago, we thought that the whole thing would be a breeze....but lo and behold!!! This time round it was a drag, and the Lissa was in labor longer then her first child!!! At 0430hrs, Dr Marsitah, dropped by to check on things and suggested for some drip to further enhance the contractions to assist to guide the baby to find it's way downwards.....this meant more pain....poor Lissa....but she was strong!! Am very proud of her....no matter how big a man's ego can be, surely he will crumble like a wimp if he experienced childbirth....I will be the first to admit it!!!

By 0830am on 20.08.08, Lissa was only about 8cm dialated.....we began to worry as it looks like there might be a possibility of a c-section....but alhamdulillah, after a gruesome 1 hour of really crazily painful contractions...(her fingers and knuckles while squeezing my hands were already turning from yellow to white!!!) at around 0930hrs, the doctor came in with her entourage and said - "this is it" And after about 4 really hard pushes, our 9.28kg baby Maya was born on 20.08.2008, at 0944hrs....








Alhamdulillah......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home