Monday, August 25, 2008

Fatherhood 2.0




25.08.2008 - 0100hrs


5 days since the birth of my second child, Maya....somehow, it still has not sunk in the fact that I'm now a father of 2 kids. Maybe because Maya is still sort of sleeping most of the time and Leilani's the one being so animated, in fact kind of extra animated nowadays....



Since the birth of Maya, I have put myself on a quest...to try and make the arrival of the little one as comfortable as possible for Leilani. I've read and heard a lot of tales of how the first born gets all jealous and stuff the moment he or she gets a younger sibling. So my quest is that - to try and make her not feel so jealous..




The first day Maya came back with us, it was kinda cute to see Leilani all upset because she can't play with her lil' sister who was always asleep. "I wanna play with baby!!" she kept crying out.



But signs of her jealousy could already been seen just as her mom was about to be discharged from the hospital. She insisted on sharing the wheelchair ride with her mom and Maya....


And lately, since being a big sis, Leilani seemed to be abit more naughtier the usual....it's as if she's trying to pull everyone's attention away from poor lil' Maya towards her....just like a lil' diva....



Well...I'm trying my level best to pay more atention to Leilani...like greeting her first, as I usually do, when I come home from work before actually seeing to the baby...I also try not to stress on the 'big sis', 'lil sis' when I talk to her...just try and act as normal as I can....somehow I always have this urge of buying pressies but I believe it would make things worst...



Hopefully, my dear Leilani will grow out of this whole situation and become a good, doting sister like every parent wishes for....then in the meantime, I could give my equal love an attention to my lil' Maya...
Ya Allah! Please give me thy strength and guidance to be a fair and loving father to both my beautiful princesses....Amin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home